Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most important things I should look for when choosing a Phoenix roofing contractor in Arizona?
When hiring a roofing contractor in Arizona, you should always do the following:
- Confirm the company is licensed and in good standing with the Registrar of Contractors. You can go to the ROC website to verify that the contractor is licensed to perform roofing, how long they have been in business, and check if they have any complaints lodged against them, as well as the outcome of past complaints.
- Check the contractor’s standing with the Better Business Bureau of Arizona. You will be able to see the history of the company with the BBB, as well as any complaints against the company and how they were resolved.
- Get a written estimate. At Capstone Roofing we do a thorough roof evaluation and estimate at no charge to you. We will come to your home, take measurements and investigate any areas you have advised show signs of a leak, then give you a written estimate in approximately 2 business days that outlines the scope of the work we will be performing, as well as detailing pricing.
How can I know or find out if my roof has a problem?
If your ceiling has an obvious water spot, there are drips showing on the walls, “swelling” in a section of the ceiling or walls, or you can see warped, cracked, or missing shingles/tiles, then you really want to have a roofing contractor come out to inspect your roof.
We recommend you have annual checkups on your roof, as many times problems are not visible from the ground.
Annual checkups can detect:
- Cracked, warped, or missing shingles
- Loose seams
- Deteriorated flashings
- Excessive surface granules accumulating in the gutters or downspouts
- And more
Do I need to have my entire roof replaced completely if it is leaking?
Not necessarily. In many instances, repairs can resolve roofing problems as leaks can result from loose flashings or a section of the roofing system that has been damaged.
In the event of a complete roofing system failure, the only option would be a complete roof replacement.
Am I able to fix my roof by myself?
Most contractors you speak with would not advise you to repair your roof on your own. Professional roofing contractors are trained to safely and efficiently repair or replace roofing systems. Chances are you will further damage your roof or possibly injure yourself in the process. You can read more about this in our DIY roofing article.
How long will it take to replace my roof?
There is a lot that goes into the process of replacing a roof. Normally it takes a few days from start to finish. For commercial buildings, the process can vary as well from days to weeks. Keep in mind that bad weather can also delay installation. If you are repairing your roof as opposed to replacing it, you may cut down your wait time considerably. Once a roofing contractor has evaluated the roof and understands the scope of the work involved, they can give you a more realistic time estimate.
How long will my roof system last?
This can depend on a couple of crucial aspects which are the roofing materials used in the construction of the roof and how well it is maintained. For the most part, a roofing system that is installed correctly with quality materials can last up to 20 years and longer.
What’s the best time of year to install a roof?
We are incredibly fortunate to live in Arizona and have a nearly ideal climate for roofing. When planning a roofing job, we like to schedule it when there is a low chance of rain (or snow as we saw this winter!) along with the temperature being above freezing.
What is the cost of a new roof?
Every roof is different, so costs can vary dramatically. The cost of a new roof depends on a lot of factors, including the materials used, the size of the house, and the amount of work involved.
At Capstone Roofing, we provide you with a detailed breakdown of costs involved to replace your roof when you get a free roof evaluation and estimate.
What if I have other questions?
If you have other questions that aren’t listed above, please reach out to our expert Phoenix roofing team at the number below: